Girl From Greek: Hot Hearts And Caring Soul
This irresistibly beautiful name literally rolls off the tongue (pronounced a-m-ri-LIS) and means “to sparkle or twinkle” like an eye. She sounds like the creative type who is always looking for ways to express herself. Thalia was the Muse of comedy and pastoral poetry and the Greek goddess of festivity and banquets, making this name fitting for a baby full of fun energy.
As you can see, the sky is the limit with Greek girl names. If you like these popular Greek girl names you might also like this list of modern names. Not only can Greek girl names be ancient, steeped in history, or just plain cute, but they can also be super unique too. If you like the idea of your daughter’s name being centuries old, one of these ancient Greek girl names might be just what you’re after. From Athena to Zina, Yolanda to Circe, here is the only list of Greek girl names you need to choose the perfect name for your daughter. There are fewer than 550 Timotheas in the world today. However, unlike other rare Greek girl names on our list, most of them are not in Greece.
- Theophanes is a sturdy full name with several cute nicknames.
- If you are fascinated by Greek girls but don’t know enough about them to begin dating them, our today’s guide will answer any questions you may have.
- If you are looking for the perfect blend of sexiness, boldness, and liveliness in a woman, going for Greek women is a great decision.
- If you’re after a baby name that radiates strength, wisdom, and ancient charm, these girl names rooted in Greek mythology and nature may be exactly what you’re looking for.
- In her capacity as the defender and protector of humankind.
- Our final list of Greek baby girl names uses letters from the end of the alphabet.
She is the light of your life, so why not grace her with a name that translates literally as “dawn”? Pronounced av-YI, she may well turn out to be the early bird who catches the worm. Its short spelling makes it right on trend while also giving it personality.
Where Can You Meet Greek Women?
Greek women worship their mothers very much and often follow their advice. So, if you want to become even more attractive to your girlfriend, get along with her mother, and she will be on your side. Have you already decided that you would like to have a girlfriend from Greece? But do you have chances to win the heart of a lady from this country? Here are 4 qualities of men that attract Greek women. In Greece, it is believed that men are created to be polygamous by nature.
- The Greek Orthodox Church celebrates the third Sunday of Pascha as the Sunday of the Myrrhbearers.
- Efstathia is the modern form of the Late Greek Eustathia, and Eustathia is the feminine form of Eustathios.
- According to some historians, Dioni was his first wife and the mother of Aphrodite, goddess of love.
- Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children.
- The truth will eventually come out and it won’t be great for your relationship.
In ancient Roman society, women were not given forenames. So the daughter of someone from the family, Antonius, would be called Antonia. Aphrodite was the ancient Greek goddess of beauty, passion, love, and procreation. In addition to these roles, the Spartans also saw Aphrodite as a warrior goddess. Our largest baby name lists database is the best place for you to keep track of your favourite names. To finalize the name of your baby, Save all your selected favourite names at one place. You can also share the list with your family and friends.
Obtaining The Most useful Girl From Greek
This name is also known as Soteria, and is the 492nd most common girl’s name in Cyprus. While a girl from Greece may seem exotic, it is still considered a classic name by many of us.
Giannoula began as an affectionate nickname for girls with the Greek name Gianna, which itself comes from Ioanna, the Greek form of Joanna, and subsequently John. The child of an important Greek family, Garifallia Mohalbi, ended up as a slave after her parents were murdered by invading Turks. Sent to live with her rescuer’s family in Boston, Massachusetts, Garifillia became an abolitionist and feminist symbol.
But for you to decide whether these ladies are worthy of your time and effort, we have compiled the most typical features of Greek women. For example, Keres has a nice sound to it, but it’s also a vengeful spirit of death and doom. Or, Pandora means a gifted and talented woman, but in mythology, she is the first mortal woman who unleashed evil upon the world. That’s why it’s always wise to do a little research behind the names on your list before you make a final decision.
Thera has a wonderfully natural, down-to-earth feel reminiscent of the beautiful Greek island. Selene was the Greek goddess of the moon who drove her chariot across the heavens. We love this name that embodies the soft power and mystery of the moon. Ovelia is a great option for parents attracted to names like Ophelia or Olivia but want something more unique. According to Greek legend Medea was a sorceress who helped Jason obtain the Golden Fleece from her father, King Aeetes of Colchis. This is a beautiful and quirky name worthy of your little goddess. Your Medea will undoubtedly have great inner strength and a vision all her own.
The ancient Greeks argued over whether the city was named after the goddess or vice-versa. Consequently, we list Athina as meaning Athens -sort of because nobody seems to know for sure.